JUNE 2017 – Course Update
The final phase of the course upgrade is taking place from Tuesday 30th May.
What will happen:
- Oaks course, current 9th green will be removed
- Oaks course, current 1st tee will be removed
- These areas will be turfed
- Oaks course, 1st green will be enlarged to the left side, the front right bunker will be renovated and the left bunker removed.
- This green will be turfed using the turf from the 9th green so it will match the rest of the existing green.
- Some mounding will be put in place along the left side of the new 1st fairway
- There WILL BE TEMPORARY GREENS on the 1st and 9th for approximately 3 weeks from Tuesday 30th May until Friday 16th June (or possibly slightly longer)
- New 9th hole on the Oaks will have the fairway bunkers finished and the fairway turfed where the old Acorns 9th green used to be.
We are doing everything we can to minimise the disruption to your golf. We are using turf (which is high cost) to get the courses back in play ASAP rather than seed which takes far longer to become usable. We are currently sorting scorecards, course standard scratch, stroke index and tee signs for the new course. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Would you like to sponsor a hole on the course?
- Up to 30,000 people will see your advert
- You will receive 10 complementary golf tee times*
- Your advert will be on a professionally made sign by one of the 9 tees on the Oaks Course
- Possible advert in our new yardage book too!!
Still interested? Contact Bill Chapman ASAP for full details *
firstname.lastname@example.org 01376 510222