JUNE 2017 – Course Update
The final phase of the course upgrade is taking place from Tuesday 30th May.
What will happen:
- Oaks course, current 9th green will be removed
- Oaks course, current 1st tee will be removed
- These areas will be turfed
- Oaks course, 1st green will be enlarged to the left side, the front right bunker will be renovated and the left bunker removed.
- This green will be turfed using the turf from the 9th green so it will match the rest of the existing green.
- Some mounding will be put in place along the left side of the new 1st fairway
- There WILL BE TEMPORARY GREENS on the 1st and 9th for approximately 3 weeks from Tuesday 30th May until Friday 16th June (or possibly slightly longer)
- New 9th hole on the Oaks will have the fairway bunkers finished and the fairway turfed where the old Acorns 9th green used to be.
We are doing everything we can to minimise the disruption to your golf. We are using turf (which is high cost) to get the courses back in play ASAP rather than seed which takes far longer to become usable. We are currently sorting scorecards, course standard scratch, stroke index and tee signs for the new course. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Would you like to sponsor a hole on the course?
- Up to 30,000 people will see your advert
- You will receive 10 complementary golf tee times*
- Your advert will be on a professionally made sign by one of the 9 tees on the Oaks Course
- Possible advert in our new yardage book too!!
Still interested? Contact Bill Chapman ASAP for full details *
firstname.lastname@example.org 01376 510222
Posted on 30th May 2017
Saturday 29th April the members played ‘The Routledge Bowl’ on the Oaks course…..
This could be the last Major played on the existing course layout as the final changes will be made to the course in the next few weeks.
A great and very competitive competition it was, with Allison H carding an excellent 40 points to win by 2 points.
full results can be found here : http://www.masterscoreboard.co.uk/results/CompetitionResult.php?CWID=2914&Competition=2858
Or click on the website link (under Oaks Course) Members handicaps.
Posted on 29th April 2017
Tuesday 2nd May we will be opening the new layout for the Acorns Course.
The 9-hole, Par 3 (Par 27 course) will have many challenging holes and will test your iron play and short game. The new layout will have holes from 57 yards to 157 yards with ponds, bunkers and challenging greens to make your round both enjoyable but testing.
The ‘Ely’ construction team are coming back to finish of the work they started last year, including :
- Remove the existing 9th green on the Acorns and replace with fairway and bunkers
- Remove the existing 9th green and 1st tee on the Oaks and replace with fairway and mounding
- Extend the existing Oaks 1st green to accept longer shots in for the new 1st hole
- Some new tees and finish pathways on the Oaks Course
We have had very little rain and some of the new areas have been very slow in taking, we expect to have pick and place and free drops from some areas this summer.
If you would like to know more then please speak to the Pro Shop staff.